GRANT APPLICATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Fielders Community Support Fund provided by the Donor offers Community groups or individuals impacted by natural disaster, or unforeseen events and circumstances, the opportunity to receive assistance through a one time supply of Fielders building products (a Grant). Fielders Community Support Fund aims to assist communities when they need it the most.
- The Fielders Community Support Fund is not suitable for every project or community initiative. While the Donor will make every effort to assist and consider all Applicants, resources are limited.
- Details on how to apply for assistance from the Fielders Community Support Fund (the Fund) and the assessment process form part of these Terms & Conditions. Requests for assistance will only be accepted if made in accordance with ‘How to Apply’ at Condition 10 of these Terms & Conditions. Submission of an Application is deemed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
- An Applicant’s Application for a Grant from the Fund is conditional upon the Applicant’s agreement to and acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Each time an Application is made the Applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If an Applicant does not agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, they should not apply for a Grant.
- The Donor may at any time revise these Terms & Conditions by updating the Fund Website. Revisions will take immediate effect. As Applicants are bound by these Terms & Conditions, it is the Applicant’s responsibility to check the Terms & Conditions for any revisions each time the Fund Website is visited and wherever prompted to do so.
- Applications will only be accepted from residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who apply for a Grant for an initiative or project which will benefit the community (Applicants).
- The directors, management and employees (and their immediate families) of the Donor, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of the Fund are ineligible to apply to for assistance. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Donor will accept Applications from Applicants between 4th March 2020 until 30th June 2021 (Application Period).
- The Donor may extend the Application Period at its discretion. Closing dates will be updated and published via www.fielders.com.au (Fund Website).
- To apply for a Grant from the Fund, Applicants must:
- Access the Fund Website;
- fully and correctly complete and successfully submit application form in the manner required including providing the Applicant’s full name, the relevant community group, service organisation and/or community initiative, residential address, contact telephone number, current and valid email address, description of the situation, explanation of how the Fielders Community Support Fund might assist, as well as a description of specific products requested, the quantity, and their estimated value (if available);
- demonstrate an immediate ability to utilise the benefit of the Grant (including land and approved building works); and
- provide any further supporting materials information in full, upon request from the Donor from time of application,
- Applicants who apply for a Grant in the manner required at Condition 10 will be assessed for support from the Fund by the Donor. Unless otherwise advertised, each Applicant (including any other persons representing the Applicant, community group or service organisation in a single community) may only submit one (1) Application for assessment for a Grant from the Fund. Any subsequent Application of an Applicant after the first eligible Application is received from that Applicant will be deemed invalid.
- Applications will be deemed to have been made by the Applicant at the time of receipt by the Donor and not at the time of transmission. Applications received will be considered final by the Donor. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible Applications will be deemed invalid. The Donor accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Applications. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Applicant on their application form will deem their Application invalid.
- Costs associated with accessing the Fund Website remain an Applicant’s responsibility and may vary depending on the Internet service or telecommunications provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Applicant to automatically apply repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Applications submitted by that Applicant, community group or service organisation invalid.
- All eligible Applications will be judged by a panel of appropriately qualified assessors nominated by the Donor (such assessors may be employed by the Donor) on a rolling basis at Tower B Level 4, 197-201 Coward Street, Mascot NSW 2020. All eligible Applications will be assessed on a basis of:
- the importance of the initiative or project for the community;
- the alignment of the initiative or project with the Donor’s values;
- the Donor’s ability to fulfill the requirements of the Application in a timely manner; and
- the financial status of the Fund to meet the requirements of the Application.
- Applications will be assessed within a timeframe determined by the Donor in its sole discretion following receipt by the Donor. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their Application in writing by email. All reasonable steps to notify Applicants of the results of their Application will be taken by the Donor. The Donor’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The details of successful Applications will be published on the Fund Website following acceptance of the Grant by the Applicant, in the matter required by these Terms & Conditions.
- Dependant on the Application submitted, Grants may include a one time supply of Fielders building products, or a one time supply of Fielders building products at a discounted rate.
- Grants expressly exclude the land that the community initiative or project identified in an Application approved by the Donor is to be built on. The land must be owned or leased by the Applicant community group or service organisation.
- The Grant includes the assessed and approved materials only. Any additional costs, goods or services are the responsibility of the Applicant’s community group or service organisation.
- The Grant excludes any additional selections, upgrades or amendments to the Application not included in the original approved Application. Additional selections and upgrades (if any) chosen by an Applicant are done so at the cost and responsibility of the Applicant community group or service organisation.
- An Applicant whose Application is approved to receive a Grant from the Fund must pay the remaining balance (if applicable) for the build, being the difference (if any) between the value of the Grant and the cost of any remaining materials required, trade services etc.
- The Donor reserves the right to request an Applicant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Donor’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the identity of the Applicant, the validity of the community group or service organisation, and/or the authority of the Applicant to act on behalf of community group or service organisation before issuing the Grant.
- It is a condition of accepting a Grant that the Applicant may be required to sign acceptance form(s), code(s) of conduct and/or legal release(s) (including a Recipient Release or alternative acceptance release(s)) in a form determined by the Donor in its absolute discretion.
- Grants are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless otherwise indicated). A Grant must be taken as agreed between the Applicant and the Donor. A Grant cannot be used or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer. The Donor accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from receipt of a Grant. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Donor accepts no responsibility for any variation in Grant value. All Grant values are the recommended retail price including GST.
- Grants are personal to the Applicant, and for their benefit only, in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. A Grant cannot be sold, scalped, auctioned, raffled, pledged or promoted as an incentive or reward to any third party. If a Grant or part thereof is obtained through any of these methods, it will not be honoured by the Donor.
- Applicants can only apply in the name of a community group or service organisation, in their own name (as an authorised person on behalf of a community group or service organisation), or in their own name (representing themselves as an individual applicant). Applicants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the Fund and all Applications of an Applicant who is deemed by the Donor to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Donor be deemed invalid. The Donor reserves the right to request that an Applicant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Donor’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Applicant’s identity and eligibility to apply and receive a Grant on behalf of a community group or service organisation or in respect of an initiative or project which will benefit the community, and any information submitted by the Applicant in applying for a Grant from the Fund, before issuing a Grant. If any documentation required by the Donor is not received by the Donor (or its nominated agent) or an Applicant or Application has not been verified or validated to the Donor’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction then any Application of that Applicant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
- The Donor reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all Applications and to disqualify any Applicant for: (a) tampering with the Application process; (b) submitting an Application which is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions; or (c) engaging in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Fund. The Donor’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- A Grant will only be awarded following any Applicant validation and verification that the Donor or its nominated agents, requires in their sole absolute discretion.
- An Application and any copyright subsisting in an Application irrevocably becomes, at time of Application, the property of the Donor.
- As a condition of applying for support from the Fund, each Applicant (on behalf of the community group or service organisation) consents to the Donor and its external media partners and contractors using the name of the community group or service organisation and the Applicant’s name, locality (including suburb and State or Territory of residence), likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the Fund (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Donor. The Applicant agrees that the Applicant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Fund as requested by the Donor and its agents and sign any additional documents reasonably required by the Donor to give effect to this condition.
- If a Grant or element of a Grant becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Donor’s reasonable control, then a comparable Grant or Grant element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu.
- If the Fund is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Donor, including because of war, terrorism, pandemic, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures, directions of regulators or industry self-regulatory bodies or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Fund, the Donor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Fund and/or if necessary to provide alternative Grant(s) to the same value as the original Grant(s).
- The Donor and its associated and related agencies and companies exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the Fund or a Grant. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this Fund and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with this Fund or a Grant, as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged Applications, Grant claims or Grant(s); and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any Grant. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted regarding any warranty claims (where applicable).
- All of the Donor’s decisions in respect of the Fund and Grants are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Donor collects Personal Information about an Applicant to assess the Applicant’s Application for support from the Fund and award Grants (where appropriate). If the Personal Information requested is not provided, the Applicant cannot participate in the Fund and is deemed ineligible for a Grant.
- An Applicant also agrees that the Donor may, in the event the Applicant is awarded a Grant, publish or cause to be published the Applicant’s name and locality in any media.
- The Donor will provide to each Applicant, at time of Application into the Fund (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter), a collection statement that details the Personal Information being collected, the purpose of its collection, where the Personal Information will be stored and how it will be shared with third parties. The collection statement will comply with the Donor’s disclosure obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- In these Terms & Conditions: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
- Donor: BlueScope Steel Limited T/A Fielders (ABN 16 000 011 058) of Tower B Level 4, 197-201 Coward Street, Mascot NSW 2020.
Fielders Community Support Fund
HOW TO APPLY
(together, an Application).